Last updated on August 20th, 2021 at 05:38 pm
Are you feeling difficult to crack the digital marketing interview? It is easy if you follow the upcoming proven tips that other pros followed.
- You know clearing a digital marketing interview is not rocket science or a 24 hours surgery that will perform on you.
- Most of them already gone through a similar process before you and cracked it successfully.
- So you do not want to worry, in this article, we will walk you through the 5 proven tips that help you to ace any digital marketing interview.
Be it a fresher or experienced person, the interview process plays a vital role.
Especially, if you’re a fresher to the digital marketing industry, clearing the digital marketing job interview can be a daunting experience.
Hence to make it easy, I thought of providing some proven tips that will help anyone who is looking to prepare for a digital marketing interview.
Tips For Freshers to Ace Any Digital Marketing Interview
Have a Great Resume/CV, the first step to ace a digital marketing interview
Before heading to an interview, it is necessary to have an outstanding resume which acts as a ticket to enter into the next level.
However, the guidance that I aim to provide here is based on, at which level you are.
For example, If you are an experienced digital marketing professional, you have to discover your command on the digital marketing skills by ordering samples of your past digital marketing work experience in the field.
For instance, If you are a fresher applying for any digital marketing roles, you will be evaluated based on your skills concerning articulation, communication skills, logical thinking, and confidence level.
Therefore, make sure, you have a clean and clear excellent digital marketing resume depending on your level, which highlights your digital marketing skills, listing your credentials, and sharing your achievements with your prospective employer.
Did you Know? In most cases, the skills and experiences that you have mentioned in your resume will play a major role in depicting the questions you’ll be asked from the recruiter.
Therefore, before you apply for any digital marketing job position you are interested in, ensure that you have fully readable, informative, and self-explanatory CV
Research About the Company, the following step to ace a digital marketing interview
Before attending the digital marketing interview in the company that you’ve applied for. It is important to do thorough research about that company.
So, don’t forget to examine the company’s website/social media channels.
You may think is it necessary to research the company? Without a doubt, you should.
I can even bet you there are big companies that ask the candidates- what you truly know about our company and what makes you choose our company to work and so on? This question is to understand what new insights and views you can bring.
For this purpose, before visiting any digital marketing interview, start reviewing the company’s website or social media profiles.
This will helps you to demonstrate that you’ve done your research on the company and that you paid extra attention to the site/social profiles to the employer.
So, what actually you need to research about the company,
- Go to the applied digital marketing company web page and understand some general information such as its products, services, and culture.
- Then, move through the social media network details about the company, conferences and speeches, workshops, PowerPoint presentations, etc. on YouTube.
- Research about the company target audience, revenues earned per year, annual data report, their latest news feed, the roles in the specific industry, and their competitors.
- Furthermore, look into the company’s online marketing activities and social media marketing strategy points through its different social media channels.
Also Read: Career Scope of Digital Marketing in India
Improve Your Social Presence, the other step to ace a digital marketing interview
In the current era of the interview hiring process, many employers started to look at the candidate’s social media networks. It is to identify your original face.
According to a 2018 CareerBuilder survey, 70 % of employers use social media to select candidates during the hiring process
Interestingly, Data from an AdWeek survey also reports that 47% of employers look at a candidate’s social media profiles after receiving their application.
27% check a candidate’s social media profiles after their first interview
It means even if you have completed your interview process. If an employer reviews out your social media posts and finds out any of your Facebook party hangout photos or a bad thought of tweet, all it leads to missing out on the chance of getting a job.
Hence, avoid missing out on great opportunities by improving your social media online presence before you begin the interview process.
Steps to undertake to improve your online presence
- Maintain your Facebook account privacy settings so that anything aside from your name and location remains invisible to the non-friends list.
- Perfect your Twitter account pages to sound good for your employer and delete any poorly thought of tweets that could ruin your reputation.
- Then, remember to spend some time updating your LinkedIn profile with your current skills. Next, Google your name and scan the first two pages to confirm everything is impressive and there is nothing wrong that could damage your chances of getting a job.
What you should demonstrate to your employer
- Show your interest in digital marketing by exhibiting your engagement in digital marketing social media communities by posting, commenting, and sharing, etc.
- It is because a digital marketer, it is essential to create a brand for yourself online. Further, this showcases that you have a genuine passion for the industry.
- Therefore, go ahead and prove that you can market yourself. Otherwise, it will be difficult for you to showcase that you can market the company’s brand.
Show Your Digital Marketing Hands-on Experience, the next step to ace a digital marketing interview
As the proverb says, “Experience Matters”. Apart from hiring people with better skills and qualifications, companies currently prefer to hire experienced people.
So, if you are an experienced candidate attending a digital marketing interview, highlight your hands-on experience. Tell the employer about the previous campaigns you have worked on and explain how your insights helped enhance the outcome of the campaign.
Further, if you know to use the following analytics tools in digital marketing, will add more credit to you,
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Moz Pro
- Optimizely etc.
Now comes the question, am a fresher what I can demonstrate to the employer to crack the digital marketing interview?
As a fresher to digital marketing job interviews, it is always good to know the fundamentals of digital marketing.
In most of the interviews, the questions are stereotypical. The same type of questions makes rounds in most of the companies.
Have a look at the following essentials as your vital referral
Digital Marketing Interview Questions For Freshers and Experienced Candidates. I hope you will do your homework.
Be Up-to-date with Latest Digital Marketing Trends, the step to ace the digital Marketing interview
In the field of digital marketing, understanding social media, or having appropriate social media marketing skills is very much necessary.
At the same time, knowing the basics and latest digital marketing trends is also quite significant, before going for the interview.
- Therefore know about how surveys are done. This includes Google algorithms like the BERT algorithm and its impacts. Think With Google: Marketer’s Almanac, American FactFinder, County Business Patterns, Business Dynamics Statistics, Survata, FedStats, Nielsen MyBestSegments, SurveyMonkey, Typeform and Loop 11
- Various segmentation techniques and their relevance in creating brands and customers.
- Important marketing tools, KPIs and metrics in digital marketing
- Your understanding of digital media and execution, including search engines, creating content and displaying your knowledge accordingly to the brand world and brand platform.
- Follow Leading digital Marketing experts, leaders and their blogs
- Try out a few online digital marketing course certifications with, HubSpot, Simplilearn, Coursera or Lynda
- If you are a fresher, try searching for the reputed Digital marketing training institutes for leveraging practical knowledge through industry experts.
Don’t Forget the Traditional Rules Of An Interview
Just like other interviews, the classic or the traditional interview rules applies to the digital marketing interview as well. They are,
- Introduce yourself to the panel members politely and make your first best impression
- The way you dress reflects how seriously you consider the profession
- Be punctual for the interview and try to bring extra copies of your CV and references
- Avoid bad habits like slouching, fidgeting, chewing gum, or mumbling during the interview session. Maintain the right posture, eye contact, and listen keenly to the interviewer.
Are You Ready to Ace Your Digital Marketing Job Interview?
Finally, your preparation to ace the digital marketing interview is done. Now Whether you are starting a career in digital marketing or preparing to interview for a middle-level position or hoping to step up the ladder into a senior job.
Stay relaxed because having followed the above five tips, you can be sure that you will crack your digital marketing interview. Best Of Hopes!